Thursday, January 17, 2013

Are You One of Those PMA'ers?

What the Heck is PMA?

PMA, is also known as positive mental attitude, just in case you were wondering. I once worked at a DNA lab that did the paternity testing for Maury Povich, Nancy Grace, Dr. Phil, and they still do. I'm just glad that I'm not there anymore, kinda. 

See, for me, it's bittersweet. I'm doing what I love, and doing what I believe God has called me to do, but at the same time, I look back at places I've worked, and realized I missed a good opportunity to witness to others. Sharing the love of Christ, but also just being there for other people. To show them I care, just to listen, and give them a shred of hope. 

Remember, it;s faith of a mustard seed.... right? 

Hmmmm. I was always known as having a positive mental attitude, but what if I would have shared Jesus with someone? What if I would have invited them to church? What if I would have just not cared about what others think and talked to the people that everyone made fun of in other departments? 

I could have, but I didn't. I hated my job, I wasn't making what I thought I was going to make, and so rather than being grateful for where I was, I didn't use it for other good. How sad that we don't live courageously when the table is set for us, and we could have encouraged someone. 

Sad. 

We Could Use More of That PMA Around Here! 

In light of the fact I lost that job, I finally realized God was doing me a favor to call me into my greatness and go into freelance writing, which I knew was going to happen all along. I had no fear of NOT having a job, because I knew God would provide. 

He ALWAYS does. 

The reality is that, we can view this two ways; 1) God releases us to use our gifts for Him that lay dormant for so long, and 2) If we don't do what He asks of us, He moves us into other territory. It's almost as if we are baby birds, and so he pushes us gently from the nest and forces us to flap our wings so we learn to fly. 

Ah, the mark of a parent and trusted TEACHER. 

It could be both, one or the other, or just perhaps He has someone else in mind we can help along the way elsewhere. We just might be the right person for the job. 

Trust, and act in faith and on your promptings until you learn how to work in the moment. Be bold, and be courageous




No comments:

Post a Comment