Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Live for God....Literally

Right now, at this very moment, I am sitting in a hospital with WiFi, in the waiting room, waiting for bad news.

A friend is fighting for her life.

Life.

Not because I expect the worst, but the worst has come. I am here because a friend was suffering, and in our humanness, we often do too little too late.

Life.

I've been there. I know. Asking, "Why?" Better yet, it usually sounds something like this; "Why me?" There are many times in my life when life seemed so unfair.

Life. What does it mean to you? Is it precious? Is it transient? Is it something you hold so valuable, that you live full out every day with everything you have in you that you make others WANT to live?

Right now, my friend is going to die within a few minutes because....she had a broken heart, a hard life, and while she loved God, and God loves her, this isn't enough. Why? We continually put ourselves in a place of pain, in that we cling to other humans, those that cannot possibly help us, or love us for who we are nearly enough.

Yet we rely on them so much, and although we keep experiencing the pain, we still reach out for human help. God is the I AM, not a WILL BE. He said that He is the I AM that I AM. There is no negotiating that, but when the stuff of life happens, and you see friend connected to multiple wires, as the result of a drug overdose, what does it all mean?

Humans are NEVER enough, nor could they EVER be enough. God has the most amazing plan for you.

The Why

The first question we ask as humans, that is nearly a mental prompting, is "Why?" It seems that we can NEVER escape "Why" ever. 

We want to know, why WE have pain. We don't think about others, it automatically turns inward. This is why is it SO important that we go to God first. It has been said that it takes courage to come to someone and tell them what is happening when it's a deep and painful issue. 

I know that it is, I have been there. However, it is more courageous to just skip the human beings and reach out to God, the Almighty Powerful One. I am not saying, don't get help. 

There is nothing wrong with getting counseling, but you have to be careful with that too. Not everyone you talk to will give you wise or Godly counsel. Let me share with you what I mean. 

When my parents split, they were separated for a year, and I had absolutely no closure. To top it off, it was my Senior year in high school,  I was working with the Youth Minister from my church because I had no one I could talk to. I was in a tough place, and I just kept burying my pain, and as for my closest circle of friends, their parents were all still married. 

When I sought help, (at that age you better believe good counseling is wise), his words to me were: "Look, I'm very busy right now, and I talk to people like you all day long. So, if you want to kill yourself, go ahead, and take a pencil and shove it into that vein in your wrist and let it bleed. Okay?" 

Not a real man of the cloth in my opinion, but humans aren't really capable of giving the answer that they should because most of the time, they just say, "Awww it''s okay", or "Let's have a party to forget about it." I don't think so.

God's Word is clear, and the great news is that He has given us NOT the Spirit of Fear, but of a sound mind. What could be better than that?  (2  Timothy 1:7)

There isn't one thing I can think of. I don't know that humans are even capable of a true, deeper love, that is without merit. It's so hard to find, and in all reality, humans are always giving expecting something in return. Just once, I would love to see a person pour out so much love on another, that the person is just changed by it. 

God sent His Son to die for us, pouring His blood out to save us, and if that isn't love, I don't know what is. God gives life, so we don't have to give up ours, for any reason. Turn to God first, pray, and talk to Him the same way you talk to your friends. 

If you talk to someone, seek Godly wisdom and Counsel. What God has to offer you is so much better than what any human could ever offer. 

Live Courageously....

PS-Need someone to talk to? You can CONTACT US

No comments:

Post a Comment