Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Life in the Philippines






I was told that life in the Philippines was simple and that people do what they want. They must live a horrible life, and they just work jobs online for Americans for menial money. Hmm, that is what I thought. 

What if I told you that I found out that prostitution was the main occupation among women? What would you say if I told you that the age of 11 was the age they had to be in order to get a job as a prostitute? 

Sad,but in America, we have no concept of the life they live. Nor, will we ever fully understand what life is like in other countries. What would you say if someone told you that you had to be a prostitute in order to survive? I don't care if you are a man or a woman, it's deplorable. 

I Need You to do Some Writing for Me 

One day, I was overwhelmed and realizing that I need more arms, I decided to look online for writers. I wanted to employ others, and while I had a college student here in the US turning out work for me, it was late, and it wasn't up to par. 

This was a problem, and it was discouraging that our young people weren't getting a sound education. If they were, they certainly didn't show it. 

I had always heard that you could find writers in the Philippines for much less, so I put up the work in hopes to find an offer. For some reason, this young lady stood out to me, and I offered her the work. 

I paid her more than I intended, in fact twice more than I had intended. I just felt God leading me to do it, but still NOT sure why. 

So, I sent payment, and in 24 hours I got back quality work, on time, and well done. I was in shock. It was perfect English in every way. I was stunned. Why is it that our American college students couldn't do better? Why late and written like crap? 

Hmmm. I pondered what the work was so different. I then asked this young woman what motivated her to turn out great work quickly. Her reply was this. 

"I get treated very well by most American clients, and they pay me better than I would get paid here. I also am so thankful that I no longer have to turn to prostitution and I can work for you. Thank you so much for giving me the work." 

Wow. All I could say was wow, and I still say wow every day to this young woman. I applaud her, but for her it was nothing. It was just a very good chance for her to get out of doing what she didn't really want to do. 

So, rather than taking the easy way out, will you give someone a chance? Why not? Think about taking the road less traveled, and giving someone a chance that you wouldn't otherwise. 

This is what it means to live courageously

No comments:

Post a Comment