Friday, January 11, 2013

My Name is Paul.....

If I were to tell you just stories about the things that happened to me and those I encounter, it wouldn't quite be enough to share with you something compelling. However, I don't think I'll ever run out of great stories to tell.

After all, God is always watching. We should be fully aware that God is always at work whether we believe it or not. That is just the way He is.

It would stand to reason then that God works through us. Yes, even folks like you and me that are unworthy without Him. He takes care of those that need Him, and I can prove it. Let me tell you a story about my friend Paul.

Who Can I Help Today? 

My friend Paul is a life coach, but he isn't all of the hype that you get with some folks you see on TV. What he offers is real, and it can be duplicated.

Paul teaches people about loving others, caring for others, and being the change that you want to see. He lives it, more than I can say for myself.

Paul had just gotten back from a conference, when he went to the Post Office to check his mail. He was in line, and he spotted an elderly woman that was scuffling her way through to the line. It was painful just watching her walk.

Paul stopped by the Post Office because it was on his way to his office where he had a meeting in an hour. As he watched this woman, he overheard her sharing with someone that she had to walk to the Post Office from her home.

He couldn't imagine how painful it was for her. Looking at this woman told him that she must have been 70 or older. Ouch, he thought.

He made a quick call and pushed his appointment back, and then approached the woman offering her a ride home. Her face lit up like a Christmas tree! She was smiling so big it could barely stay on her face!

That poor woman's legs were saved, all by a random act of kindness. Have you ever been in this position before but you just passed the person by without a thought? Hmmmm. What would Jesus do?

Even if you aren't a Christian, and you say you don't believe in God, you can still be kind. Think about how you can help someone else today, all because you chose to live courageously!

No comments:

Post a Comment