Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Courageous Prayer

Courageous prayer may not be a term you hear a lot, BUT, the truth is, it wouldn't be. WHY? I don't believe  Christians are really about courageous prayer, but rather they want to know the quickest way to get a prayer by God.

The reality is that, this type of prayer doesn't really work-AT ALL. We are in a hurry, worried about our own issues, and to think of taking time out our day to pray when we have meetings and obligations doesn't suit us.

REALLY?

What if God said he didn't have time for you? Where would you be then? What would you do without any favor from the ALMIGHTY GOD?

Courageous Prayer Means Being Bold 

It has been said that, "to be bold is to be a REAL Christian." What would you say to that? Do you get angry, or do you agree? 

Think about the last time you prayed deeply for someone. Did you go to God with everything in you? Or, did you just simply go with leftovers when you felt "up to it". I have had those days, I won't lie. I am honest, and truthfully, God has HIS way with me. 

Let me tell you a story about failure to be bold, and lifting up one of my sisters in Christ in courageous prayer

I went to lunch with a friend of mine, and we were talking about her separation from her husband. It was bad, and I could relate, and I only gave advice when she asked. The thing is, I didn't agree with her decision, because I just didn't see it. It just sounded like she just wanted to give up, and go the easy way out. 

I told her I would pray for her, and I did, but I was lazy. My prayer was weak, and it went something like this. 

"Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for Lila, that you would give her wisdom and strength in dealing with her husband. I pray for her children that you would give them a peace that passes all understanding." That was it. I was so tired, so I thought, "Oh, I'll get back to it." Two weeks later my phone rings, and I was sickened. 

"We are getting a divorce. I'm tired, I'm just so tired, I'm done. I love my kids, but I'm tired of being used, and just run ragged. I clean house, that is all I do. I'm sick of it." 

Wow. 

I was tired too, and so.....here we are. I am an intercessor, and I know that. I am called to be set apart, but oh well, I'm tired. I had the fire, but oh well. This is the new age of Christians, and God is sorely displeased. 
He wants courageous prayer, bold prayer, and he wants willing servants. He is tired of our attitude, BUT he loves us anyhow. 

HE interceeds for us. Aren't you glad God never gets tired of us and our shenanigans? What if God just said, oh well, I'm tired. You want healing? Oh well, I'm tired. Wow, just wow. Where would we be? 

Courageous prayer

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Live courageously!



No comments:

Post a Comment