Saturday, March 30, 2013

Arise My Love-All Things Become New!

If you have ever heard the song by Newsong, "Arise my Love", then you are sure to hear it at some point this weekend. This is one of the most listened to songs during this special Easter weekend, and it's what is on ears of millions of Christians around the globe.

However, let's not forget that at this time, it's the perfect time to reflect on what Resurrection means for us. For each of us, this could be different, and NOT to mention that it could very well be life changing.

This is to say that even if you aren't singing "Arise my Love", then there is plenty to think about during this Spring Time and Easter season!

Remember, old things are passed away and all things are become new. Just to shed some light on this for you, let me tell you a story.

Sustained with Arise My Love 

There was a time when I thought my life was over, but little did I know that the lyrics for Arise my Love would get through it. In fact, I had made tremendous progress after I had gone through a divorce, but once I heard this song, it hit me that there was in fact life after divorce, for sure. 

I had married a man that I grew up with, our parents went to school together, and everyone always seemed to like him wherever he went. It never failed that my decision on dating someone was solid, but this time I didn't realize how wrong I could be. 

The first year seemed to go well, and then it went really, really wrong. I had made a horrible discovery that everything I believed to be true was a lie. I was struggling at my job, now this, and I felt like everything was falling apart. 

The thing is, it wasn't because God was there all along. It's amazing how we feel when we think God is NOT near. It's amazing how we feel when we find out that we were wrong! We get that security, that place of safety, right? Not to mention, we pour our hearts out in our desperation, begging Jesus to save us when he already has. 

The best part of all of this,  is that I know that God has already done what needs to be done, and our debt has been paid and settled. He has already given us the peace that passeth all understanding! Don't you think? 

Arise My Love-All Things Become New 

The most important lesson I learned is that old things are passed away, and all things are become new. I had to shake the dust from my past and start living in freedom. At first, this was extremely difficult, but in time I healed. Once time had come and gone, I was still looking for something to soothe my anger. 

Going through a major life change can be trauamtic for you, depending on what that life change is. No doubt that emotions are not always pleasant to deal with, but Resurrection is symbolic of taking something horrific, ugly, and deathly and bringing a new life above ground, not just raising from the dead. 

This my friends is what we are called to do-live courageously. We were called to more than what we are doing right now, and we were called to live new life, not just come up from the old one. Resurrection means a raising of the dead, and in order to be alive again, you must be new, right?

New life is what God is all about, and this is a time of year when Resurrection takes place with:
  • Life 
  • Spring flowers 
  • New Businesses
  • New jobs
  • New home improvements
There is always something to start in spring, right about the time we celebrate the Resurrection. IS it any wonder that I love the song Arise my Love




No comments:

Post a Comment